Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Logging

Been a crazy couple of weeks. Last week was a solid deload. Pulled a tractor tire out of a creek, slept a lot, had some family in town...and to top it all off, rolled the shit out of my ankle trying to hurdle a slosh pipe that I dropped. Couldn't do it again if I tried.

I heard it crack, pop, (gasp) tear. It didn't swell too much and there is only some light bruising showing up recently. I can stand, walk, etc without any pain. Though it's lost some ROM and flexing/rotating aren't the greatest feelings. Probably shouldn't but I'll be damned if I'm getting around on crutches this week. Steady diet of ice and IB's...and I took another unplanned deload, which will actually put things on a better timeline for me. I have a for real time sink of an obligation the week of June 20ish, so that'll be a good time for a hard rest and re-planning of things.

For this week, I've been going to the gym just have to avoid anything with any real ankle involvement. So, I opted out of Deadlifting and Squatting for the week. Did some unconventional sessions (for me anyway) that turned out to be a lot of fun (though they sent the DOMS my way).

Monday
Military Press, 5 x 90, 5 x 105, 6 x 115
Assisted Pull Ups w/very, very wide grip, used -80 and did 3 x 8 strict.
Superset: Bottoms Up KB press (12kg, 16kg, 20kg) + Ab Wheel Roll Out
One Arm DB Row: 3 x 6 @ 85
Superset: Dips (3 x 8, BW) + Fat Bar Curls (3 x 6 @ 60, 70, 70)
Superset: Bent Shrugs ( 3 x 8, 205ish) + Machine Flyes (3 x lots)

Tuesday
Romanian Deadlifts: 5 x 5 @ 225. Broke out the straps for these
Superset: Pull Throughs: 3 x 8 @ 130, 150, 170, good stretch + Pallof Press (3 x 5 @ 50, hold for 5 count at extension)
Double KB Cleans: 3 x lots @ 16kg. These were harder than expected
Mini Circuit: Bird Dogs, Dead Bugs, Single Leg Glute Bridges, Gripper work

Then I rode off into a thunderstorm where I got pinned down in a parking structure for 15 minutes by cloud to ground stuff. Got pinned down under a bridge today by the same. 2 times in a week. Odd.

No comments: