Short and sweet today. I have been going back and forth with JB on some different things to explore with the conditioning work. Today, we gave them a shot.
Went through a solid movement/activation warm up:
CES complex + Various Incarnations of jumping jacks
Bird Dogs, Dead Bugs, Glute Bridges + down dogs between each
Went through a cardio-ish warm up:
2 lengths of the field indian run, casual-ish jogging pace.
Then tried to up the intensity with the following:
Burpees -- 30 seconds, Go all out, do as many as possible for you in 30 seconds.
Indian Run --60 seconds, casual jogging pace, enough to bring the HR down
Rest -- 30 seconds
We repeated that 4 times and it was good.
Added one more:
P1) Sandbag Getup
P2) Sledgehammer swings
P3) Sandbag Clean and Press
P4) Walking Lunges
P1 and P2 did 1' and then switched, P3 and P4 did 1' and then switched. We followed this with 2' of rest and rotated through until everyone had done each pair of exercises two times.
The intensity got up pretty high with these. I had some more on the chart, but we were ready to break from circuit work, so we played around with the tire again. Everyone tried various starting positions, and we shimmed the tire with a sandbag to get it up to knee-ish height. I can make either starting stance work; however, I still prefer the "wide stance, deep hips, clean" type start to the "chest to tire, wide grip, push with chest" approach
In general, other folks favored this one as well. My hips are probably the worst of anyone in the group, and I was told that--in addition to just generally finding the sumo squat stance more powerful--I had a better posture in the starting position.
Only concerns I have: It is a bit more arm intensive to do it this way...though I'd say no more so than a clean. Also, I think we all are having a tendency to flip the tire with an upward force more than and up and forward force...so it's almost a right angle thing. Up, up up, until your arms are in position to push it over and then it's forward, forward, forward. I'd like to sync those up a bit better.
As always, feedback is appreciated.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment