Busy at the workplace of late.
Workouts continue to be super. Perspective is in check. Life is good for the moment.
Training stuff 5/30/2008
I've been noticing that my leg strength is a little lacking on the bike. Anytime I have to shift up and churn out a hard gear, I fatigue pretty quickly.
So I'm going to fix that.
Toward the overall goal of increasing power at threshold, I shortened my normal goal of 5-6 x 8' @ 300W to 4 x 6' @ 310W and made it a point to do some big gear/low cadence work in a couple of intervals.
Average Power was 309, 314, 309, 295
Average HR was 168, 172, 172, 170 for the interval
Ran a 50:17 @ 100-110 rpm for the first two exclusively.
Switched to a 50:15 @ 85-90rpm with 2' to go in set 3.
Started set 4 at 50:15 @85-90 rpm and switched to 50:14 @ 70-75rpm with 1' to go.
My legs were trashed afterwards.
Overall I was pleased with the effort. An extra 10-20 watts over what I usually was pushing for an 8' set. My heartrate was getting above 178 for the last minute or so. But what's a little anaerobic work between friends?
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
May
(19)
- Purple
- Grey day
- The past couple o' days have been good on the bike...
- Harumph
- Texarkana
- Zombie
- As if we're only mouths to feed
- The burn
- Wide Grip
- Stuffed with Straw and Leaves
- Thinking will I live another twenty-four?
- Elizabeth! I'm coming to meet you.
- Leaning on the Parking Meter
- Romani
- Pomme de Terre
- Toe Clips
- Killing Me
- Bail
- He thought you were the candy man
-
▼
May
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment