Not much to say today.
Just the meat.
Training Stuffs
Thursday 5/8/2008
Light, quick weight sets at the gym. Thumb is on the mend still. I'm finally getting comfortable enough with full depth and overhead squats to add a little weight, but I haven't been pushing it so as to save my legs for specific work on the bike. At the moment, all I really care about it preserving form, flexibility, and mobility in the weight room.
Mobility Drill Warmup
Goblets
2 x 10 @ Body Weight
OHS
2 x 10 @ Light bar
2 x 6 @ Oly Bar
Box Squats
1 x 10 @ middle box, Oly Bar
2 x 10 @ low box, Oly Bar
1 x 6 @ low box, 65#
1 x 6 @ low box, 85#
2 x 2 @ low box, 100# (hips were getting pretty fed up at this point).
Depth and form both look and feel solid.
Deads, focus on technique and speed
1 x 6 @ 111# Conventional
1 x 6 @ 111# Sumo
1 x 6 @ 111# Snatch Grip
Then the clock said it was time to go.
Got some work in on the bike
2 x 30' @ commuter pace
1 x 20' @ warmup (on trainer)
1 x 9' @ 290W
1 x 11' @ 275W
1 x 5' @ Cool Down
1 x 60' @ Recovery Pace around the lake
Decided to mix it up with a little indoor and outdoor work. I'm kind of stagnating with my threshold intervals--Basically every week I make my goal output 300W and shoot for 6 x 8'. I manage something in that neighborhood (usually 295-300) for 4 sets, fall off to about 270 for a 5th, and then can't even go for a 6th.
The problem is likely that my hour threshold is still probably down around 275-285 and I am pushing it just a little too hard. I need to just remember to keep that first set @ 280 even though my Heart Rate doesn't even touch threshold.
I think I need to keep the threshold workouts a little lower output so that I can start really bumping up the duration and then rely on the anaerobic sessions to build strength.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
May
(19)
- Purple
- Grey day
- The past couple o' days have been good on the bike...
- Harumph
- Texarkana
- Zombie
- As if we're only mouths to feed
- The burn
- Wide Grip
- Stuffed with Straw and Leaves
- Thinking will I live another twenty-four?
- Elizabeth! I'm coming to meet you.
- Leaning on the Parking Meter
- Romani
- Pomme de Terre
- Toe Clips
- Killing Me
- Bail
- He thought you were the candy man
-
▼
May
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment