I have to say I'm enoying this R&R thing.
I've limited my bicycle time to commuting on the SDB3k and the 2hrs with an all out TT on my Soma on Wednesday.
Made it to the gym last night for an hour or so. I did a whole lot of Overhead and Front Squatting with some Drop Snatches. My upper back is dead today from the OHS and snatches, and I don't even have the balance/strength to add real weight to these lifts yet.
No wonder Olympic lifters always look so impressive.
After the workout I stopped by Revolution cycles to pick up a parts order (there I go stimulating the economy. Thanks Dubya.) and then it was on to the Great Dane to meet my roommates and some friends I haven't seen in awhile for a couple of beers and a burger. Inflation is evident. Specialty Burgers are now $9 and a pint is 5. I walked out feeling cheap for a likely sub 20% tip in the 17 dollars I left for my share (it was all of the cash I had on me). Ouch.
The departure of Dr. 1% has brought about a collapse in my normally healthy and inexpensive diet, but I guess we all need a break from time to time, no? I realize now why I seem to have more money at the end of the month. Despite the expense of grocerys, it's better than 20 bucks for dinner and a drink.
After a weekend on the road though (race series in the quad cities area of Iowa), I imagine I'll be ready for some quality food again.
Ah well. I'm resting. That's good.
Training stuff
Warm up complex: Mobility Drills, Glute Activation Bridges, Hip Flexor Stretching, Goblets, I tried Wall Squats but found them completely impossible, and some Overhead Squats with a light bar.
OHS
2 x 6 @ Olympic Bar
3 x 6 @ 65#
These are getting much, much better.
Front Squats
5 x 5 @ 65#
My wrists were a little annoyed during these.
Drop Snatches.
2 x 8 @ Light Bar
A lot x 3-5 @ Olympic Bar
Very hard to keep balance. I tended to throw my feet out very wide. Not sure if that's good or not.
Pull Ups
5 x 3-4
Push Ups
5 x 15
Done.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
May
(19)
- Purple
- Grey day
- The past couple o' days have been good on the bike...
- Harumph
- Texarkana
- Zombie
- As if we're only mouths to feed
- The burn
- Wide Grip
- Stuffed with Straw and Leaves
- Thinking will I live another twenty-four?
- Elizabeth! I'm coming to meet you.
- Leaning on the Parking Meter
- Romani
- Pomme de Terre
- Toe Clips
- Killing Me
- Bail
- He thought you were the candy man
-
▼
May
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment