Monday, October 13, 2008

The Trooper

The weekend was actually kind of brutal.

Friday, 10/10/08

Got back on the mobility wagon with some stretching, drills and some low box squats with the bar. Creaky.

Work:

Hang Cleans
4 x 3 @ 111, 121, 131, 131. Gave it hell on these. Starting to move faster. Felt better

One Arm DB rows
2 x 6 @ 70#

Pull Ups, Wide Grip
2 x 6

Farmer's carry w 100# DB's
1 x ~35" with DB in each hand
1 x carrying them back to the rack one at a time

Plate pinches
Stacked up two 10# and then 3 5# plates and held them as long as I could.

Dips
2 x 6 @ BW + 25#

Saturday 10/11/2008

Double whammy

6 x 3' Full Anaerobic Intervals on the CX bike. Off road, ~45# in the tires. Cadence was highish and the gear was around 46:17. These were done on 3' rest intervals.

Got home just in time to rendezvous with ZW in the midst of a birthday challenge. This leg was a 30 mile bike ride. I took out the Tarmac once again. Man, that bike is a piece of work. Despite it being a full weekend for ZW, the group elected to occasionally put in some snappy pace work. By the time I got back home I'd probably spent close to 4 hours in the saddle with a lot of hard efforts. Then i ate my weight in pig and brownies.

Good to do sometimes.

Sunday 10/12/2008

I closed out the final high volume week of my 5 week cycle with a doozy.

2 x 20' @ Threshold pace

The HR wasn't cooperating on the first one and I couldn't get it much above 172. Perhaps I was tired. I came around about 8 minutes into the second interval when I shifted into a harder gear and just railed on it for 12 minutes.

Yowzah. I drove everywhere I went today and took the elevators when I got there.

This week: I may test my max on the squat and I have at least one race coming up this weekend, but otherwise it's going to be pretty chill so I have some gas in the tank to start the cycle over next week.

No comments: