Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back on track

My hips seem happy with the time off.

Last night I did a warm up of "potato sack squats" with a dumbell onto about a 9-10" box. Focused on keeping the back upright during these. It weren't all that bad.

Then I did front and OH squats on that box with one more plate on it, so maybe 10-11". Back stayed upright. Hips felt good.

Slowly getting there. My third world squat is still progressing. Regardless of whether I will ever really need to do rock bottom squats, I like the idea of being able to do them. Will keep at it.

Front Squats
2 x 5 @ Oly bar down to ~10" box with decent form

OHS
2 x 5 @ Oly bar down to ~10" box with decent form. Balance hard, but I stayed on my heels.

Face pulls
4 x 8 @ 50,60,70,70

Pull ups
3 x 6, 6, 4 @ BW (I think my BW is up ~10lbs from when I started doing pull ups at the end of race season. Read; I'm about 180 now.)

Back Extensions
3 x 4 @ 25#, 35#, 35#

Push Press
4 x 4 @ 111

Good times.

No comments: