Saturday, December 27, 2008

Goals

Here were the goals for 2008 I laid out sometime around now a year ago. I am including a short note about whether or not I achieved that goal.

1.) No more text messages while driving.

I've gotten a lot better about this. I still do it sometimes. But usually I catch myself and go "Oh. No. Can't be doing this."

2.) Upgrade to Cat 3 in road and cross

I did not upgrade yet. I will submit a request for upgrades later today or tomorrow. So we can consider this one "pending." I know that they'll give me the CX upgrade because the requirement for 4-->3 is just that you've done a minimum number of races.

3.) Continue with lifting and yoga through the entire year. I can feel the 300# squat, the 300# deadlift, and mad flexibility and core strength coming on this year. I just need to keep at them through road season.

I did okay with this one. I broke from lifting from about April to July. I don't regret it, I think my cycling was in good form. As for a 300# squat, I don't know what I was thinking with that one. Perhaps it was before I properly acquainted myself with what a legitimate depth feels like. 300# DL, check. I haven't done any yoga since late winter. I'd like to get back to it, but time has been at a premium of late. Core strength right now is better than it's ever been before.

4.) Finish graduate school

I'm weeks away from checking this one off.

5.) Pick up the guitar again

I moved to a new apartment and in the process, had to handle the guitars. Other than that, there has been no playing.

6.) A triumphant return to radio

Nope.

7.) Relax

Nope.

8.) The (final) demise of love handles.

They were very nearly wiped out at 171 in early September. They are still present.

9.) The (ultimate) arrival of fuck me muscles.

Nope.


10.) I'm going to win a bicycle race.

Technically, I--as part of a team--did win 2 bicycle races this year. Best I did in a solo effort was 5th on the road. We'll give it a half check.

Overall not too bad all things considered. I'll try to revamp the goals for the year of 2009 and post within the next day or two as well as update my upgrade situation.

No comments: