Sunday, December 7, 2008

That Crane Lake Glow

This weekend, I had what I would call my first truly "enjoyable" (by that I mean stress free) weekend in awhile. Despite having a lot going on at work(s), I didn't stress too much and I got tied up some loose ends whilst still managing to pick up a set of skis.

Did I get everything done? No. But I was close. I'll have to put off writing an exam until tomorrow as I'm wiped out right now. But it was a decent weekend.

I still can't give a decent update on this potential postdoc position, but I have a meeting with the professor tomorrow. Call me crazy but it's the first post-grad school employment opportunity that I've managed to get reasonably enthusiastic about.

Manged to stick with my policy and put training aside this weekend. I did ski with the Raccoonbear city crew today, and I did get tired. But mentally, it was different than training. I had some cohorts out there (which is a rarity for me on the bicycle). And I'm not all that good at skiing. But the new equipment outperforms my old loaners by quite a bit. So I'm looking forward to doing more skiing as the winter progresses. I think Don and I are tentatively planning a somewhat firm weekly sunday ski outing so hopefully I can stick to that.

We really all had fun today. And it's been a while since I've felt that sense of just having a good time and being relaxed.

I think I need a break. But barring that, I'll take a few brief moments where I forget about the real world here and there.

All told we probably skied 5-6k and I only fell down once.

Followed that up with an absolutely epic Sunday night cooking session at tRBC.

Pretty good times.

No comments: