I am making the switch to pre-work training. This is good, provided I can keep with it. My work day is far less stressful and I'm less apt to get pissy when I have to stay late (most days that end in y) if I've knocked out my session for the day
Kicked off the new training plan this week. So far so good.
I will say this though: After spending almost 2 years not lifting anything more than 5 reps ever (and generally less than that on things like barbell deadlifts), going for max reps is an all new challenge.
I don't like reps on the BB deadlift. But I prefer conventional to trap bar. We shall see. My shins will probably be the ultimate decider.
Tuesday: Military Press Day. I haven't really done a proper military press in years. I estimated my 1RM and I was conservative with it. So my base weight in the mil press was 75. Possibly a touch light, but I have it on good authority that this is the way to err
5 x 50
5 x 60
13 x 65
Assistance lifts:
Dips 5 x 10 @ BW
Rope climb 3 x ~25'
Pallof Press 3 x 6 - 8 @ 70#
Face Pulls 3 x 10 @ 50#
Had fifteen minutes before I had to leave for work so I ran through 2 cycles of some on the fly ladder type complex.
Long Cycle Clean and Jerk 2x16kg kettlebells.
Med Ball Slams (at double LCCJ reps)
Mountain Climbers (at double LCCJ reps)
Started at LCCJ x 2 reps, worked up to 8 reps.
Wednesday: Deadlift
Deadlift
5 x 170
5 x 195
9 x 220
Assistance
Split squats
4 x 6 (each leg) w/2 25lb kettlebells
Conditioning complex
RDL 2 16kg kettlebells
Squat to press w 2 16kg kettlebells
Bent Row same weight
Ab wheel rollouts
Burpees
I died during the burpees on round 2.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment