5/3/1 Log
Thursday: Front Squats
Warm Up
Did an extended foam rolling and mobility session.
Front Squats
1 x 8 @ 45
1 x 5 @ 75
1 x 3 @ 95
Work Sets
1 x 3 @ 105
1 x 3 @ 120
1 x 7 @ 135
Assistance
More Front Squats
3 x 8 @ 95
My hips still aren't happy about it, but I'm finally free squatting to a good depth with what I suspect is fairly good form.
Glute Ham Raises
3 x 8 @ BW
Suspended Planks
3 x As long as possible
Friday: Bench Press
Got to the gym early and managed another extended foam roller/stretching/mobility session.
Bench (work sets)
1 x 3 @ 130
1 x 3 @ 150
1 x 8 @ 170
Helped having a spot this week.
Pull Ups @ BW
5 sets of As much as possible (9, 8, 6, 3.5, 3.5)
Single Arm Rows (supported)
2 x 5 @ 80 (each arm)
2 x 20 @ 50 (each arm)
Pallof Press
3 x 8 @ 70 (each side)
Cosgrove Barbell Complex
Deadlift
RDL
Bent Row
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Good Morning
These were done ladder style. First round through, 6 reps of each. 2nd round through, 5 reps each. No rest b/w exercises. I was supposed to take 90 seconds b/w cycles, but I forgot to write that part down. Oops.
Bare olympic bar was do-able sans rest. Might try to load it a bit next time and actually take the 90 seconds between cycles. I could see making 3 rounds of this complex an entire workout.
Pound for pound, this might be my favorite of the 4 complexes in that one article.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment