Sunday, September 6, 2009

Travelling Light

If you ever want to destroy yourself for couple of days, do this.

I am about to head out for the airport and back to Wisconsin from the old home state. I meant to be on total vacation this weekend, but I did get a solid training session in with my little brother yesterday.

It was nice. He made me bench press and laughed at me. I made him do some complexes. He had to lay down on the floor. Good times, good times.

No power rack at the local gym. Did find a barbell though. I trained in my Vibrams. Oddly got no comment from the locals.

Front Squats
2 x 8 @ Empty Olympic bar
2 x 3 @ 95#
3 x 3 @ 135#

Felt solid. Had to clean the bar up. I like to do front squats w/ arms crossed. Getting the bar into position wasn't bad. Getting it down was more hairy.

Split Squats
3 x 5 @ 30 - 40# Dbs.

This was the first time I loaded split squats to about 1/2 of my working weight with normal squats. Jesus. I have some serious imbalances. I was getting pretty good at BW single leg stuff, but loading this was a new beast.

One arm Rows
3 x 5 @80#

Pull Ups
3 x AMAP @BW + 10#

Planks
Bench
Worked up to max single @ 205.

Then we did something like Cosgrove's barbell complex w/65# and added some additional burpees, mountain climbers, and med ball slams.

That's when Casey had to lie down.

Back to the grind tomorrow. Look for park workouts to move to Saturdays soon.

No comments: