Week in 5/3/1
Military Press: 14 @ 85. Estimated max = 125
Deadlift: 8 @ 255. Estimated max = 323
Bench Press: 6 @ 185. Estimated max = 222
Front Squat: 9 @ 150. Estimated max = 195
This concludes my second cycle of 5/3/1. Overall, I'm still very pleased with the progress on this program. I'm still in the steep part of the progress curve, methinks, so we'll continue for at least one more month to see what happens. I'm hoping that next month my front squat will finally eclipse my bench press. Time will tell.
Saturday Park Workout
Today was a brute for some reason. Nothing we haven't done before. Perhaps too cold out...
Stretching and Warm Up.
I bought some Indian Clubs. Learning to use them. Not convinced they are good for your shoulders yet. But this could be because my shoulders have some problems that the Indian clubs make apparent. Time will tell. I also picked up a few more duffels as the sandbags get used so heavily and everyone has different needs in terms of weight. So now we have 2 twenty pound bags, 1 40 pound bag, 1 50 pound bag, and 1 70 pound bag. I may pick up another 100lbs of sand and wrap them so we can burl up the heavy end a bit. But I feel good about what we have. The sandbags are by far the most heavily used implement of destruction, followed by the burpee.
Warm Up
Air Squats
High Knees
This was conceived as a get the blood pumping ladder. 10 Air Squats, 30 High Knees, 9 Air Squats, 30 high knees, etc. Good warm up.
Work 1
A slightly modified version of Chad Waterbury's Submission Complex. I know I use this one a lot, but to me it's good and easily adapted to sandbag use
Reverse Lunges (8 each leg, sandbag held on shouder of forward leg or at chest)
Romanian Deadlifts (8)
Good Mornings (8, SB @ chest)
Front Squat (8, SB @ chest)
Military Press (8)
Bent Row (8)
Push Up (8)
For some reason, this particular series was very tough for me this morning. I barely made it through the Front Squats with the 50# bag on the first go. Dropped to a 40# bag on the 2nd go. Very tough. We rested 90 seconds and did one more round. Called it good at 2 b/c everyone was hurting.
Work 2
Nothing Fancy. Just carries and skipping.
Carry Light Sandbag overhead (50 yards)
Skip to start
Carry Heavy Sandbag in a bear hug at chest (50 yards)
Skip to Start
Carry Slosh Pipe any way you choose (50 yards)
Skip to Start
Skip to Pile of heavy things
Repeat to return everything to the start.
We did 2 cycles of this.
Cool Down
Very Casual Indian run 2 x 100 yards
Done and Done.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment