Good day yesterday. Light, early morning dynamic work at gym with an ever stronger Dr. 1%. Endurance ride in the evening.
Wednesday, 4/9/2008
Gym
Mobility Drill warmump
Box Squats
3 x 10 @ Olympic Bar w/ low box setup so that hips were below parallel
2 x 5 @ 115#, low box just below parallel
2 x 5 @ 65#, low box. Hips were very stiff yesterday and didn't like the depth too much
Circuit
4 reps of
5 x RDL @ 45,115,115,115
Pull Ups to Failure
15 x Pushups
Me and the doc spent so much time box squatting that our hour at the gym was almost up. So we crammed what we could into a short circuit to hit some high points.
I'm thinking Doc and I might probably get some deadlift time in tomorrow morning. We'll back off from last week's heavy session with higher volume sets for a couple of weeks. Then I think I'll have her take a crack at JB's "big wheels" in maybe 3 weeks.
When we put the yellow plates on, I'm going to bring the camera and take a video so you fellas can see the powerlifting sensation that's sweeping the nation.
On Bike
Cold and windy 140' ride. Left at 6:00PM. Returned after dark. Had lights. Still almost got smoked by a car who whipped around a turn too fast.
Thank god for the sprint legs or I'd be building a new rear wheel and/or nursing a broken femur.
Then I ate dinner, had some wine, and rescued Dr. 1% from the Madison Metro Bus system. Par for the course on a Wednesday, really.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just baked cocoa-cayenne muffins (a tad hotter than usual), PBJ muffins, fruit'n'oatmeal muffins and nutmeg-rum shortbread cookies. Tonight I still have to mix the chocolate rumball dough. After all that I'm thinking some Lost, early to bed and lifting early in the a.m.
Post a Comment