Kind of a downer day today. I still feel pretty toasted from travel and racing.
Monday, 3/30/2008
Rest and recovery. My legs were toast after 2 races and a TT last weekend. So I just chilled out and gave the Soma (aka the Jeffrey Fellenz Memorial War Horse) some much needed TLC after the dirt/mud road portions on the Michigan State Race. I didn't even commute via bicycle to school.
This actually starts a full R&R week after 3 weeks of steadily increasing build phase, which saw the addition of anaerobic and threshold work to the training plan.
It definitely has made a difference. I'll see if I can do some testing this week to gauge improvement. But I may also just let it ride another 4 weeks to. Going by feel here.
Hopefully a rest week and then another 3 weeks of building up the intensity of the Anaerobic and Threshold work will have me in good shape for the finale of the collegiate season and the start of local racing.
I enjoyed the steady effort of the time trial on Sunday, despite a mediocre time. It was a course full of steep hills. Not my bag. I think I'm going to look for more TT's on the local level to see if all of the steady state training I've done this year has me comparing favorably to the rest of the locals.
Who knows? I'd just like to crack the top 10 at some point.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment