Friday, April 18, 2008

Jumps

Yesterday was a weird, frustrating day. Everything took longer than I had planned on it taking. I helped a friend with a bike tune up. It rained. Dr. 1% lost her wallet. Etc. Etc.

And at the end of the night, I did just what I recently told JBzero that I don't do so much anymore:

Got takeout from Burrito Drive and washed it down with 3 brewskis, Young Frankenstein, and some pub chips after picking up a soaking wet Dr. 1% who was out combing the streets of Madison on her bicycle looking for said wallet at 10:00PM in the rain.

But you know what? I enjoyed it.

Short workout, given the time constraints. All in all, a productive session. Things continue to come along and if I can keep up with the intensity sans injury or insanity for ~ 6 more weeks, I'll probably back off, do more endurance riding, let my body recover, and reasses the plan for the rest of they year.

Thursday, 4/17/2008

Jumps and only jumps

I did about 45' on the trainer. 10' Warmup, then sets of

4 x 5 Jumps.

They went off in 50:17, 50:15, 50:14, and 50:17

I gave max effort for about 6-8 seconds to the point where my butt wouldn't even stay on the saddle in the harder gears. Max power spiked at ~930, 1005, 1065, and maybe 850-900 for the 4 sets.

Again, my technique doesn't measure power from acceleration so these numbers aren't all that accurate in an absolute sense. But for measuring from week to week, they are an okay benchmark. Last session, I think I was just scratching 950-1000.

It's getting to the point where I really should not be doing these on a trainer as I don't think it can handle that level of stress and it's only a matter of time before I tip myself out of it and break the rear wheel. But sometimes, when things are just too hectic otherwise, all I can muster is an indoor session.

I'll make it a goal to do jumps/sprint work outside next week.

4 comments:

ces said...

Doc didn't happen to leave her wallet in El Segundo, did she?

Jesse said...

She found that funny. I was confused.

Inside joke, no doubt.

ces said...

No no. No inside joke.
I Left My Wallet in El Segundo.
Tribe Called Quest. One of my high school and college time favorites.

I'm just glad somebody got it.

Jesse said...

Ah, CES, I'm going to admit this to you and only you:

I missed Tribe Called Quest when they came around because during my high school/college days, I was into...ahem...well...jam bands.