Collegiate cycling regionals are this weekend.
The UW Men's B squad (which is a mix of USCF Cat 3 and Cat 4 riders) had about 10-12 guys interested in racing the Team Time trial. Each team has to have a minimum of 3 riders and a maximum of 4 riders. Thus we are going to be entering 3 teams. Only one team from each university can score points for the school.
I told the other guys in my crew that I wanted to race the TTT (because I like time trialing--it is more similar to the way I train than is criterium racing. Thus, I have a better steady state than I do repeated accelerations) and that they should decide what sub-team in B's to put me on (A team, B team, or C team).
One guy of the 10-12 was guaranteed a spot on the A squad because he's stupid strong. Everyone else was to be decided.
I made the A roster via the discretion of my teammates. Mini-woot. First time that's ever happened.
Now I have to prove to them that I belong there. With my steel bike, 36 spoke wheels, and 29th birthday looming. Here's hoping I didn't jinx it with this post. I know the other 3 guys I'm racing with. I know how strong they are. I'm just going to bury myself Sunday morning and we're going to go for the win.
I'm probably more excited about the time trial than any of the other races happening this weekend.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good luck!
Don't sweat it, just go out there and ride.
Worrying doesn't help, so why bother.
Thanks JB. I'll give it utter hell for ~25 minutes.
I think we have a strong team and I'm very glad to have the opportunity to possibly come away with a win.
I'm already proud of you just for making the A team. It's a measure of the regard that your teammates hold you in. They do not think you are a sketchy dude, apparently.
Have fun at practice tonight.
Post a Comment