I had my first class this morning.
Lecture was at 10:30 and I wanted to leave the apartment by 8:30 so I could get there for office hours (not that anyone would be there, I just want to get used to doing that).
So I set the alarm for 7 to give myself time to make a pot of coffee, eat, and go to Doc 1%'s house to rescue my bicycle where it decided to stay the night as I walked down the street after the midnight hour carrying a cauldron of what turned out to be *very* delicious soup.
Thank god for all of those 1 arm static DB holds!
Anyway, I had a dream wherein I woke up and looked at the clock this morning and saw the display read 9:45AM. I remember being wholly panicked because it's a half hour by bike to campus, which left me a mere 15 minutes to compose myself. I could make it, but I'd be flustered.
But then, in my dream, I realized that I had woken up (somehow) in London, England rather than in Madison, Wisconsin with no access to a computer or means to get a hold of anyone affiliated with the University.
I remember my dad being in the dream and telling me that I'd sure "Screwed the pooch on this one."
Needless to say, in my dream, I did not make it to class on time. Or at all for that matter. After talking to the university personnel, they assured me that "Tom" had covered. I have no idea who Tom might be except for Johnny on the Spot.
I told this story to my students before diving into the syllabus. Some laughed. All were nervous about being strapped in for a ride with a madman at the helm.
Friday, August 22
Hang Snatches
1 x 3 @ 65
1 x 3 @ 75
3 x 3 @ 85
1 x 2 @ 95 (lost my concentration and missed on the last rep)
Overall, snatches are feeling a lot better than cleans.
1 Arm DB rows
1 x 5 @ 55
1 x 5 @ 65
1 x 5 @ 70
Pull Ups, Neutral Grip BW+20#
4 x 4
Planks
4 x 45"
Ballistic Push Ups
3 x 5 + 30" Mtn climbers
Saturday August 23
Off road LT work. I put on a harder gear @ 38:14
It was about good enough for a poke.
4 x 12' @ LT + 4 x 5' @ recovery
Heart rates were a little lower than last week. I started slower given the longer interval: 169, 172, 173, 169
Though I very nearly had to walk my bike back the last 100 (uphill) feet of the trail and I had the tremors. So intended effect achieved. Next thing I know I'm roaming around the nearest convenience store like a zombie. 5 minutes later, I had polished off a klondike bar and 3/4 a bag of doritos. Oops. But it was that kind of workout.
Sunday August 24
Much to do and I was dogging from Saturday. So I scrapped the workout.
Monday, August 25
Box Squats
Warm up, OLY bar box squats varied height.
3 x 3 @ 135#, dropping box each set
1 x 3 @ 155# high box (4 plates)
1 x 3 @ 175# high box
1 x 3 @ 185# high box
1 x 3 @ 195# high box
1 x 2 @ 205# high box (didn't have the stones to go for the last one)
1 x 3 @ 135# lower box (3 plates)
1 x 3 @ 135# even lower box (2 plates)
The heavy sets felt a little wobbly and a couple were grinders, but I stayed tight under the bar and felt okay. For the record, 4 plates is a tick above femurs parallel, 3 is right at, 2 is a tick below.
Bent Shrugs
1 x 4 @ 155
3 x 4 @ 165
Can go up.
Pull Ups, Wiiiiide Overhand
4 x AMAP (4,4,3,~3)
Bench
1 x 4 @ 135
2 x 4 @ 145
1 x 4 @ 150
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
August
(19)
- The hits just keep on coming
- Roman Beans
- Crack that whip
- Cheeky Bastard
- Father forgive us for what we must do
- Evolution
- Despite how hectic and chaotic yesterday was with ...
- You turned into a sacred cow
- Corporate accounts payable. Nina speaking. Just ...
- Off road
- Have Mercy
- I like the Christian life
- Don King, where you at?
- Last I heard, he was in Guam with a Venerial Disease
- I ache in the places where I used to play
- Cherry chapstick
- Like it's hot.
- She knows my name, but she calls me "Ginger."
- And now with 40% more plan!
-
▼
August
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment