Last nights workout was a doozy.
Friday August 15, 2008
Warm Up
Front Squats
Back Squats
Deep Squat Stretches
all at BW. I did them on the smith machine to drop onto my heels without falling over. Gotta get that balance down evnentually, but for the time being I'm just going to focus on the motion of dropping into that deep position with good form until my body does it without whining. Then we'll get the balance down better.
Work
Power Clean and Jerk
4 x 3 @ 111. These started out with push presses, but the last set was a split jerk as I was losing it.
Power Clean
4 x 3 @ 111
The weight was going up okay, but it felt a tad sluggish.
Pull Ups, Wide Overhand Grip, Bodyweight
3 x 3
Y-T-W
1 x 8 @ 5#
3 x 8 @ 2.5#
New favorite exercise. The motion was strange and my upper back didn't cooperate with the "W" part of the exercise after a few reps. So I kept the weight as light as I could to get the movement down. Going to have to work on this one.
One Arm static DB hold
1 x 45" @ 75#
2 x 30" @ 100#
Ballistic Pushups/Mountain Climbers
4 x 4 Push ups + 30" Mountain Climber
My shoulders were pooped after this workout and are feeling dogged today.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
August
(19)
- The hits just keep on coming
- Roman Beans
- Crack that whip
- Cheeky Bastard
- Father forgive us for what we must do
- Evolution
- Despite how hectic and chaotic yesterday was with ...
- You turned into a sacred cow
- Corporate accounts payable. Nina speaking. Just ...
- Off road
- Have Mercy
- I like the Christian life
- Don King, where you at?
- Last I heard, he was in Guam with a Venerial Disease
- I ache in the places where I used to play
- Cherry chapstick
- Like it's hot.
- She knows my name, but she calls me "Ginger."
- And now with 40% more plan!
-
▼
August
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment