A solid weekend.
Friday August 29,2008
Warm Up
Mobility Circuit
Front Squats @ Oly Bar
Work
Hang Cleans
1 x 5 @ 65#
1 x 5 @ 111# (5 reps were too many reps for this set)
8 x 3 @ 111#
I was pretty much toast after this one, but *I think* by the end I was getting the hang of really driving the bar with some snap at my hips rather than just being able to rely on my upper body to horse it up if I didn't start right. So as tough as this one was, it was probably a good thing for me.
Y-T-W's
4 x 4 @ 2.5#
Pull Ups, Neutral Grip
4 x 4 @ BW (I was totally gassed here)
Core Circuit
30" plank/30" side plank/30" other side plank/Bird Dogs
Took a couple minutes to run through a circuit. Did 4 on 90" rest. Stabilizers were tard.
Ballistic Pushups
4 x 4 with some good old fashioned hand clapping between reps.
I am fairly certain I'm the only person I've ever seen do ballistic pushups at the Shell. I want to get some bands or chains or something so I can switch things up with suspended pushups. Soon like.
Rest of the weekend I got some focused time in on the bike. Low volume week so things were shortened in number and duration.
Saturday
3 x 8' @ LT to almost anaerobic w/ 5' rest
Sunday
I had some time and some doughnuts today. So I rolled a little long on the bike ride.
1 hour warmup, easy aerobic pace
3 x 20' @ tempo pace w/2' all out redline effort on 5' recovery
20' cool down
The redline efforts were typically done as a 2' push at the end of the 20' and were typically initiated with a hill sprint.
My motivation was the realization that I had a few "vomit moments" during cross practice last Wednesday. Not so steady state like I thought.
Looking forward to a low volume week in the weight room.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
August
(19)
- The hits just keep on coming
- Roman Beans
- Crack that whip
- Cheeky Bastard
- Father forgive us for what we must do
- Evolution
- Despite how hectic and chaotic yesterday was with ...
- You turned into a sacred cow
- Corporate accounts payable. Nina speaking. Just ...
- Off road
- Have Mercy
- I like the Christian life
- Don King, where you at?
- Last I heard, he was in Guam with a Venerial Disease
- I ache in the places where I used to play
- Cherry chapstick
- Like it's hot.
- She knows my name, but she calls me "Ginger."
- And now with 40% more plan!
-
▼
August
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment