Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Moving along

Quick log update:

Off my game for the past week or so. Last week, I got the hurt put on me navigating Madison by bike on epically bad roads.

5/3/1 front squats gave me trouble

3 x 125
3 x 140
5 x 160

After some back and forth with JB, I think I'm going to swap my assistance work on Front Squat day. Presently (well, when I can manage it), it's 3 extra sets of front squats by 6 - 8 reps. This month it was at 105lbs.

Next cycle, I'm going to switch to Zercher Squats with the fat bar. I tested these out on Monday and they felt good. Going to work with a box to hit a consistent depth on each rep. We'll see where this goes.

Bench was an OK effort, same numbers as last month.

8 x 180.

Saturday I was feeling pretty worked over and there was some snow on the ground. We skipped the usual workout and opted for skiing at Governer Nelson. Solid times with Don and Finnin for sure.

This week, feeling out of it again. See if we can get things straight soon.

Military

10 x 100 -- good stuff

DL

5 x 285

Should have listened to Wendler and just put up with the high reps and banged up shins. Bumping the DL 20lbs this month was probably a bit ambitious, though perhaps there is some advantage to the heavier weights...

No comments: