Week in 5/3/1
Military: 12 x 95
DL: 8 x 270
I wrote about unsolicited advice man a couple of weeks ago. Today, he was on me again. Not with the advice so much as the encouragement and the "can I grab a set with that."
I totally understand working in. But not when the gym is empty and there is a perfectly good platform 12 feet to your left.
As I already have a gripe with this guy, I was not feeling the small talk about the snow. I was really not feeling him interloping during my rests. Rhythm was off. Head was off. He just sat there and scrutinized me while I lifted. During my rep max at 270 he started to yell encouragement and I finally snapped at him and told him to "cool it and I didn't want to hear anything from him." at rep 6. I still feel bad about snapping at someone who was trying to be friendly and share the experience.
But I feel it's important to concentrate during my set and he's a distraction.
Anyway, I got 8 reps. Was hoping for 12.
Still very far off from JB style quick reps. Not doing a very good job of controlling the weight and landing in a tight position ready to pull again. Is there a major disadvantage to setting up again meticulously other than you lose your momentum entirely?
Meh. I had high hopes for the morning, but I woke up feeling dead. Coffee didn't kick it. I got distracted and game over.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sucks man, I hate when people interject into my training. Especially when I don't know them from adam. It's your time in the gym, if you don't want to talk to another human (I almost never do) then you shouldn't have to (sharing equipment aside)
I am glad I could help on saturday. Unfortunatly the weekend was just too short, and had too much going on to really get in deep.
Quick turn around will come as you learn to stay tighter. For now take your time. the only difference will be that you'll poop out sooner as your analactic system doesn't last very long.
Right on, man. Unfortunately now I'm riddled with catholic guilt about being a dick.
At least I don't have it as bad as CES...
http://www.cesimpson.com/2008/08/11/good-morning/
Can't win them all. Will keep working on the DL technique.
Meh, he gave you bad advice, you told him to shut up. Seems fair to me.
But then again, I can be kind of a dick, particularly in the gym.
this is why i'm really glad i don't workout in a public place
Well, there are good points and bad ones.
Like I probably won't ever have Atlas stones...but my gym does. For what it's worth the guy hasn't talked to me since this incident.
Aside, James, where do you train your clients?
Post a Comment