Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yule

Alright, I mentally committed to complete and total R&R this week.

Going to see if Casey wants to do max testing with me next week. Will start an interim cycle of 5/3/1 with some slight changes to keep things fun and shake things up a bit. Nothing special. Pulling with the trap bar, more fat bar work, more snatches.

I think February will see a return to a more strict 5/3/1 as I've practiced it for the past 4 months. I'll probably hit this for another 16 week cycle, making only the changes to reduce volume of assistance lifts and hit conditioning, speed, and power a little harder.

Why?

Why not.

I'm sitting steady between 185 and 190 these days, a bit up from my 178 during cycling times. I am okay with the extra weight for the moment. Don't want to buy bigger pants though, and I'm only a couple of pies away from it...

We'll see what Santa Claus brings my waistline.

No comments: