
Strengths: Simple, no bullshit exercises. Not much time wasted. All bases covered.
Weaknesses:
Some redundancy in assistance sets.
If I include a 15 minute foam roll/warm up, the sessions that include any sort of conditioning work take longer than the 75 minutes that I realistically have in the gym. Sure I could wake up earlier, but I don't want to.
What usually gets cut is conditioning work. I'd like to change that. To wit, I have a few optional plans that I hope will cut down the time required and give me 2 conditioning workouts (either some sort of complexes or intervals or pushing the prowler) per week in the gym.
Both of these would have reduced volume by removing some of the redundancy in the assistance work.
Other changes: I'm switching things up to include 3 sets of Zercher squats on top of my Front Squat days. I just like them is all.

For the next month, I think I'm going to try something different. Less strict about the plan, do some corrective work instead of normal assistance work. Plus I think I'm going to take the next week off pretty much entirely. It's been a long time since I've done that, so I'm probably due.
I'll probably end up doing my current program next month, but I may drop the 5/3/1 rep scheme. I'm also going to pull with the trap bar. My conventional pulling felt off last month and I want to take a step back, maybe do some technique work and see if I can find the groove again.
Starting late January, I'll probably pick up with one of these two alternatives and periodize again with the 5/3/1 scheme. May swap Thursday and Friday in either of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment