To be quite honest, my legs got beat down this weekend, and I rolled out of bed Tuesday AM with some pretty decent soreness.
I'm okay with that though--I figure it was all of the sprinting out of corners in the criterium...and I really haven't done a lot of short/hard interval work. Next week starts the Build period of training, which focuses more on increasing strength and power than baseline fitness. I'll also be adding more and more anaerobic efforts as the weeks progress. This should do me some good if I'm ever going to realize that dream of riding away from the pack in a break.
Yesterday's workouts were pretty tame.
Tuesday, 3/4/2008
General Stuff
2 x 30' bike commuting
1 x 45' stretching/core @ yoga
Trainer work
1 x 10' @ Warmup, ramping to ~HR=140
1 x 60' @ Easy Aerobic Endurance Pace ~HR=145
1 x 5' @ Cooldown, dropping HR to 115 or so on the bike
The training plan this year is divided into 4-week blocks. For the past 3 months, I've been ramping up training volume each of the first 3 weeks...and then taking the fourth at a reduced volume as an R&R week.
This week is an R&R week, and I'm shooting for ~9 hours of total training time. With races this weekend (racing on a rest week is probably discouraged by those in the know, but I'm doing it anyway) that will probably entail about 3 hours on the bike and maybe 2 hours of warmup/recovery riding, I should be set with a meager 5 hours this week.
I don't feel overtrained, so it's weird mentally committing to a fair sized reduction in volume. But I guess that's the point--take the time to recover, and you'll be ready for the next phase of intensity.
Anyway, I digress. Easy riding, stretching, and light weights this week. Race this weekend in Missouri. Intervals and 2 weekends off from racing come back next week.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
March
(22)
- University of Michigan Criterium
- Michigan State University Road Race
- Pain train
- The back of the bus
- Snatch
- Rage
- My eyes ain't green and my hair ain't yellow
- Today's rainbow is tomorrow's tamale.
- A winchester rifle and a whole box of shells
- Brother
- Just the meat
- Pop
- I find this to be a tough time of year for riding....
- Burning
- Grit
- Sprung
- Shelled
- A quick one
- One of toil and blood
- Benny Lava
- Racing
- Slackin'
-
▼
March
(22)
2 comments:
Have fun in Missouri!:)
I'm going to certainly try. The road race looks a leeetle bit hilly for my taste, but we'll see what happens, eh?
Post a Comment