Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rage

Things have been on the hectic side. Updating has been sacrificed.

Friday, 3/21/2008

Friday was a complete and total rest day on the heels of 3 consecutive days of muscle intensive bike work (LT, Tempo, Jumps/Tabata).

I skipped out on the gym and the bike to meet some old Partners in Crime out for Pizza and Beer. Sometimes that's just what you've got to do.

Saturday, 3/22/2008

I was happy with the Anaerobic work intervals from last week and managed 5x3', working up to a Heart Rate just above Threshold (say ~180) on each interval. I tried to up it slightly to 4 x 4' this Saturday.

The extra 60" proved pretty tough for me. I managed 3 x 4' w/4' Recovery Intervals. At the start of the fourth, I knew I didn't have it. So I recovered with some easy spinning for 15 minutes to get 55' on the trainer for the afternoon.

Then I hooked up with the roommates for a nice, casual ride on the commuter bikes, travelling all of the newly snow free bike paths of Madison. Well, mostly snow free. I did crash into a sink hole at one point and banged up the knee pretty good.

Happens.

All told we managed a solid 3 hours on the bikes. Nice, steady pace for some extended saddle time.

Sunday, 3/23/2004

I got through all of the 'hard' workouts I wanted to do for the week: 1 LT session, 1 Tempo Session, 1 set of Anaerobic Intervals, 1 jumps workout, and 1 4' Tabata set on the trainer by Saturday afternoon.

So I went out for another endurance ride on Sunday to get some saddle time, keep the endurance up, and work on force deliver with some seated big gear hill climbs.

It went okay.

210' in the cold. First half into a headwind. second half into a tailwind. The second half was more fun.

No comments: