Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Slackin'

I realize I've been behind on posting. Had a busy weekend of travel.

For my sake (this blog's primary purpose is that of record keeping), I'll record my thursday workout:

Thursday 2/28/2008

Usually I plan hard bike workouts for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sometimes a hard thursday workout leaves me a little tired on Saturday. Seeing that the first races of the year were going to be on Saturday, I opted for a lower intensity, longer duration workout on Thursday and tried to stack 2 hard days on the bike on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I didn't like that as much. I was too tired to really get a quality session in on Wed night. I think in the future, I'll stick with hard/easy/hard for Tuesday/Wed/Thursday. Friday should be sufficient for recovery, especially as fitness and weather continue to improve through the season.

Roller Workout

1 x 10' @ Warmup Pace, building to HR ~140
1 x 105'@ Aerobic Endurance Pace ~142 < HR < 154
1 x 5' @ Cool down pace, ramping HR down to ~110.

Friday was off completely. I wanted to do some technique work at the gym, but had not the time between work and the travel schedule for the Indianapolis Races.

I raced both Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday was a road race and was a pretty solid 90-100' tempo effort with a couple of *really* hard efforts (one when I had to chase the field down after off roading it...and one during the final field sprint). I was happy with the legs during the RR.

I didn't get dropped on the climbs which was a big point of worry for me. And the new bike handled itself superbly. Hopefully it'll be a good season.

The criterium on Sunday was short (~45 min) and hard with repeated attack/chase situation. We'll call it 45' of short, hard intervals.

The legs were cooked after 2 days of racing with nary a day of outdoor road riding since early December...and I have a 10hr R&R week on tap, so I took Monday off completely to give both my Road Bike and my commuter some much needed TLC.

No comments: