The goal of learning how to Snatch proper is coming along.
I also have found a new Monday routine I like: Take it easy on the bike/legs after what is usually high volume and/or high intensity weekend...and focus on technique, mobility, and upper half at the gym.
Monday, 3/24/2008
2 x 25' @ Easy Pace on Commutes (nice paths = quicker ride)
@ Gym
2 x 10 Goblet Squats @ Body Weight
2 x 10 Goblet Squats @ 20# DB
2 x 10 Overhead Squats @ Pastel High Jump Marker
1 x 8 OHS @ 45# Olympic Bar
1 x 6 OHS @ 45# Olympic Bar
1 x 10 OHS @ Pastel High Jump Marker
1 x 8 OHS @ 45# Olympic Bar
The overhead squat w/no weight feels nice! Never would have thunk it. The bar overhead makes it natural to keep my chest open and out, shoulders back.
The weight of the Oly bar made my balance a little more tricky, and I was *really* pushing the depth and hip movement. After that many sets, things were moving well and I was getting good depth, but the hip joints/hip flexors were starting to cry a little. Rather than risk injury, I bagged it with the squatting.
Hang Snatches
1 x 6 @ 65#
4 x 5 @ 75#
I didn't go very low on the catch. Once I get used to moving the weight and holding in on the bottom of an Overhead Squat, I'll work on proper catches. For now, I want to get my shoulders used to the motion of the snatch.
Power Clean/Push Press
5 x 3 @ 111#
Pull Ups/Chin Ups
3 x Failure (5,4,3) (PU)
2 x Failure (~4) (Chins)
DB Bench Press
3 x 5 @ 40#, 50#, 60# DB's
3 x 5 @ 30#, 40#, 45# JB inspired one arm DB press
TGU/Windmills
1 x 5 (each arm) TGU w/ 20# DB
Bumped into my friend Terry during the start of set two. He wanted to know what I was doing, so I showed him. He tried it. He wasn't a fan of the TGU.
2 x 5 (each arm) Windmill w/20# DB in each hand.
The hips were screaming during these.
That bike ride home with a bitchin' tailwind felt nice.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
March
(22)
- University of Michigan Criterium
- Michigan State University Road Race
- Pain train
- The back of the bus
- Snatch
- Rage
- My eyes ain't green and my hair ain't yellow
- Today's rainbow is tomorrow's tamale.
- A winchester rifle and a whole box of shells
- Brother
- Just the meat
- Pop
- I find this to be a tough time of year for riding....
- Burning
- Grit
- Sprung
- Shelled
- A quick one
- One of toil and blood
- Benny Lava
- Racing
- Slackin'
-
▼
March
(22)
2 comments:
Precisely what time of day are you managing to catch a tailwind on the way home? I'm always headed straight into it.
Also, I want to add some weight on the OH squats and windmills.
Hmmm. About 9 last night on the lakeshore path, there was a heck of a breeze coming out of the northwest. I barely had to pedal.
We'll do a couple more sessions with the pastel bar, but your form is probably good enough to add some weight next time we do Overhead squats.
Post a Comment