I haven't been good about updating (the paper journal or this website). I need to stay on top of that.
Wednesday, 3/26/08
2 x 25' bike commute
Didn't really have a plan for a workout. I halfheartedly got onto the trainer and got off equally halfheartedly thirty minutes later.
Sometimes you're just not feeling it.
Thursday, 3/27/2008
3 x 5 sets of jumps on 75" intervals in 50:15, 50:14, and 50:13. "Power" was ~875W for the first, 925 for the second, and 925 for the third. My computer isn't so good for recording spikes in instantaneous power while accelerating. Gives more of an average output based on steady velocity. The CPU plateaued at the powers reported above. Max was probably a bit higher, tail end a bit lower, but the average was probably somewhere thereabout.
2 x 4' Tabata. On for 20", off for 10". First set, on intervals were ~400W. Second Set, goal was 450W. By the end of the second set, I could not hit 450.
I'm liking these.
Friday, 3/28/2008
Took a rest day by virtue of it being a travel day with the UW cycling team.
Destination Lansing MI for some collegiate racing.
I felt a lot better about the Michigan races than the Mizzou/Lindenwood races, managing to get my best overall finishes to date on the road (~14 in the Road Race and ~11 in the criterium). I'm hoping that my fitness is catching up with the rest of the guys out there a little. Now I just have to continue working on handling my bike and learning how to race.
It was also a pretty big weekend for me because I successfully made it into a breakaway group of 3 riders off the front of the field.
We led the ~31 mile race for ~16 miles and then were caught by the field with 3 laps to go. I learned a lot by riding in the break for most of a race (like how not to have a break succeed). After we were caught, I was able to sit in the pack very comfortably and finish strong in the field. I didn't contest the sprint very well because I don't really have the balls for it, but I was happy because it's been a year long goal to get into a break.
All told, a pretty big weekend on the bike for me.
More later on racing in a separate post.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
March
(22)
- University of Michigan Criterium
- Michigan State University Road Race
- Pain train
- The back of the bus
- Snatch
- Rage
- My eyes ain't green and my hair ain't yellow
- Today's rainbow is tomorrow's tamale.
- A winchester rifle and a whole box of shells
- Brother
- Just the meat
- Pop
- I find this to be a tough time of year for riding....
- Burning
- Grit
- Sprung
- Shelled
- A quick one
- One of toil and blood
- Benny Lava
- Racing
- Slackin'
-
▼
March
(22)
No comments:
Post a Comment