It was a good weekend. But I'm tired now.
There was a race in Kenosha this Saturday. I opted to skip it so that I could have a less stressful weekend and get some volume in.
Friday, 3/14/2008
1 x 30' @ Easy Pace on the commute
1 x 150' @ Easy Pace on Singlespeed
Saturday, 3/15/2008
Trainer
1 x 35' @ Solid Warmup (10' @ Recovery --> 10' @ Aerobic Endurance --> 5' @ Tempo --> 10' @ Recovery)
5 x 3' @ Fully Anaerobic Effort (maintain output, building HR to ~180-182 by the end of the interval). Each interval was followed by a 3' Rest Interval, cooling HR ~120.
The last 30" of these intervals were brutal.
1 x 10' @ Recovery Pace
I made a go at these superthreshold intervals after a jumps workout on Thursday. They didn't go anywhere, so I tried again Sunday. I'm phasing more toward power/high output training rather than endurance training as I think that's my biggest limiter. We'll see if it helps. If nothing else, it's a hell of a workout.
Following that, I hooked up with the Raccoonbear City crew for the inaugural whiskey ride.
We had 8 people, about the same number of flasks, a bottle of Basil Hayden's courtesy of the Doc, and some Evan Williams from the DCSIV personal stash.
I wasn't keeping close tabs on the duration or the distance, but I'd guess we got 90'+ on the bikes, covered about 10-11 miles on the city's bike paths, made 2ish whiskey stops, and finished up at Glass Nickel Pizza for some delectables.
I think (hope) everyone had a good time on this. It definitely started out a lot of fun, but on the way back, we had a headwind and some energy lulls. The curse of a lollipop route, I guess, was that if it felt good going out with the wind, it was going to suck coming back against it.
Sunday, 3/16/2008
I set out for a long ride on the single speed Sunday. Like it or not, it's still just a hair too sloppy and messy to take out my road bike. So single speed it is.
Fought a headwind to the north and east for an hour and a half, and then turned to have it at my back for a convoluted hour and forty five minutes on the way back into town. Nice. I don't think my heart rate got much over 130 once I turned around.
Given the nature of the single speed and the few decent hills on the route, there was a nice mix of cadence work and force work. I stayed in the saddle for most of it, and came home pretty happy with the weekend.
1 x 195' @ Easy Endurance/Recovery Pace
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
March
(22)
- University of Michigan Criterium
- Michigan State University Road Race
- Pain train
- The back of the bus
- Snatch
- Rage
- My eyes ain't green and my hair ain't yellow
- Today's rainbow is tomorrow's tamale.
- A winchester rifle and a whole box of shells
- Brother
- Just the meat
- Pop
- I find this to be a tough time of year for riding....
- Burning
- Grit
- Sprung
- Shelled
- A quick one
- One of toil and blood
- Benny Lava
- Racing
- Slackin'
-
▼
March
(22)
No comments:
Post a Comment