Thursday, February 28, 2008

Should have had the V8

I felt off yesterday.

In hopes of finding a minimally icy route, I took a longer route for the morning commute with a Dr. 1% rendezvous.

Crash count was one for the day.

Wednesday, 2/27/2008

The workouts

2 x 45' @ Scared shitless 2mph whiteknuckle glare ice pace.

I honestly don't know if that pace does much for the Cardiovascular system.

Had a brief weight session before work.

Warmup
Work

Back Squats (no box)
1 x 5 @ 135#
3 x 8 @ 135#


The hips weren't cooperating very much, and with races this weekend, I was trying to take it easy on the legs.

Power Cleans w/ Push Press
3 x 5 @ 111#


Called it at that in the weightroom.

Didn't have enough coffee yesterday and suffered a massive headache and intermittent narcolepsy bouts in the afternoon.

Got home with the intention of a tempo session on the trainer, hoping it'd take care of the headache.

No such luck. I had an unusually low HR again and had to push the power up to ~260Watts to get to a HR of ~160. I might be getting stronger, but that seems a little excessive to me. My legs thought so as well and rather than give me 90 minutes, I caved at an 8 mile aerobic time trial with an average power of ~255 Watts and a time of 25:02. Over a minute better than my last time on the ATT, but again, I'm unsure of my lowish heart rate.

I imagine I was just tired, plain and simple.

Shitty weather, no light, and racing this weekend will definitely keep me from getting the volume goal for the week, but c'est la vie. I'll put in some easy miles tonight and perhaps tomorrow morning, and then count the weekend's races as workouts.

Rest week next week. I could probably use it.

No comments: