Managed some roller time yesterday in spite of legs that just wouldn't wake up.
1 x 60' on the Easy end of Aerobic Endurance Pace
Then, I hit the trails on the XC skis for the first time in awhile. DCS IV generously hooked me up with a pro caliber wax job, and he and I took it to the woods around 9:00 last night.
It was cold and dark, but we had a grand old time. DCS formerly raced XC skis at a pretty high level and is looking to get back into it after some years absence on the nordic scene. I grew up in the south and have a pair of wooden skis I got for free. Needless to say, I had a hard time keeping up. But I am happy that DCS is stoked to be back doing something he's good at.
So maybe I'll make the best of this godforsaken winter and ski a little more. But I won't be happy about it.
1 x 60' on XC skis, base-ish heart rate
I forgot how hard XC skiing is.
My legs are a little sore today, but it was my shoulders and triceps that failed last night and sent me looking for the parking lot.
I made it to bed around 11:30, but couldn't sleep at all. I did not even think about getting out of bed at 6:45 to make it to Yoga Class today. Sorry Doc.
My heart rate monitor appears to have thrown in the towel as well. Despite a new battery and my shaving a clear path through the forest that adorns my chest, I still can't get a reading.
Though I am sure the local ladies are thrilled by the sight of me riding the rollers in only bib shorts whilst I periodically squirt my chest with water to see if I can improve the conduction between the electrodes and my ticker, I fear it is time to put a close to these dark (but admittedly titillating) days.
I ordered a new HRM today because Nashbar was selling Sports Instruments products for crazy cheap and I hate training blind. This one, of course, has more bells and whistles than the last one.
At first, I was content to just know my instantaneous heart rate, and I did the rest of the work. Now, I want a computer to record all of my data, tell me my HR zone, and have a backlight so I can use it in the dark.
Next, I'm going to want one that hydrates and fans me whilst I ride. And possibly remind me when it's Mother's Day.
I think Polar makes one of those...
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Should have had the V8
- It burns
- Keep it movin!
- Yup
- Shoes full of feet
- There will be blood
- Charlie is a rubbish guitar player
- He's throwing several punches. And he's blocking ...
- Ozeki
- What in the Sam Hill?
- Life'll Kill Ya
- Brutal
- Hoist up the John B's sails
- Learn to Swim
- Whole Mushrooms
- WWCESD?
- In the meantime, keep your profile low
- I returned a bag of groceries
- Ride the tiger
- But he hasn't got any mittens on
- The black lung abates and I am feeling better.I st...
- The TB diet
- Mining for Coal
- Winter is a cruel mistress
-
▼
February
(24)
No comments:
Post a Comment