Great workouts, shitty roads.
2 x 30' commutes @ base pace
I crashed twice again yesterday. Pretty much everyone I've talked to that's continued commuting via bicycle through the winter has crashed this week.
My personal tally is up to 4: Twice yesterday. Twice on Tuesday.
I drove today because my left hip is getting pretty sore. Why is it that you always hit the exact same spot every time you go down?
Got home last night and had a great trainer session. Legs felt good despite XC skiing.
1 x 10' @ Ramping to Aerobic Endurance Pace ~180-200 Watts
1 x 60' @ High end of Tempo Pace ~ 230 Watts
1 x 5' @ Cool Down, ~100 Watts
I felt very good about an hour at hard tempo in February, though the output was probably a little higher than it should have been. My Heart Rate Monitor is nonfunctioning so I based the workout solely on power. Given that my ATT averaged out to 230 Watts for 30 min, that's what I shot for. And it was hard to focus toward the end, but not too bad.
230 Watts isn't a terribly impressive workload--but my muscle endurance is coming along just fine if I'm able to hold a high tempo HR for an hour at this point in the year. Further evidence supporting the notion that I need to focus on increasing strength/power a little moreso than endurance.
To that end, more intervals, more weights, and continuing to up the duration of tempo rides.
Couldn't sleep last night again. Not so happy about that.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Should have had the V8
- It burns
- Keep it movin!
- Yup
- Shoes full of feet
- There will be blood
- Charlie is a rubbish guitar player
- He's throwing several punches. And he's blocking ...
- Ozeki
- What in the Sam Hill?
- Life'll Kill Ya
- Brutal
- Hoist up the John B's sails
- Learn to Swim
- Whole Mushrooms
- WWCESD?
- In the meantime, keep your profile low
- I returned a bag of groceries
- Ride the tiger
- But he hasn't got any mittens on
- The black lung abates and I am feeling better.I st...
- The TB diet
- Mining for Coal
- Winter is a cruel mistress
-
▼
February
(24)
No comments:
Post a Comment