Good workouts this weekend
Friday, 2/22/08
2 x 40' @ commuting pace (it was scary out)
on trainer
1 x 10' @ Warmup Pace, building to 200 W
1 x 75' @ Tempo Pace, average was 229W
1 x 5' @ cool down
I was tired when I started the tempo workout and the last 20' were hard. Encouraging though, that the hour and a half tempo ride seems fairly doable.
Saturday, 2/23/08
150' @ Aerobic Endurance Pace on Rollers
w/10 x 30" Single leg drills
Grueling. Mentally mostly.
I did test a couple of power outputs during the last 20 minutes of the ride.
Single leg power 30 second power ~ 275 Watts, fairly balanced between legs.
30 second power ~ 550 Watts (very manageable, will test again)
Max power ~ 920 Watts (again, very manageable, spun out 50:14, will test again)
Sunday, 2/24/08
@ Gym
Warm up
Box Squats
5 x 5 @ 135# (Me), 38# (Dr. 1%, EZ Curl bar 2 x 10#)
Sumo DL
5 x 5 @ 175# (Me), 50# (Dr. 1%)
Bench Press*
5 x 5 @ 115# (Me), ?# (Dr. 1%, machine)
Pull Ups
1 x 4
1 x 3
1 x 2
Stretching
Mobility Drill work
1 x 60' @ Easy Aerobic Pace on Trainer (~180W)
The doc did the same workout (sans trainer ride) at a comparably scaled weightload.
*Will delve into my issues with the bench press in a later post
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(176)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Should have had the V8
- It burns
- Keep it movin!
- Yup
- Shoes full of feet
- There will be blood
- Charlie is a rubbish guitar player
- He's throwing several punches. And he's blocking ...
- Ozeki
- What in the Sam Hill?
- Life'll Kill Ya
- Brutal
- Hoist up the John B's sails
- Learn to Swim
- Whole Mushrooms
- WWCESD?
- In the meantime, keep your profile low
- I returned a bag of groceries
- Ride the tiger
- But he hasn't got any mittens on
- The black lung abates and I am feeling better.I st...
- The TB diet
- Mining for Coal
- Winter is a cruel mistress
-
▼
February
(24)
2 comments:
Ha ha, my butt hurt last night but it's okay today. Still, walking up and down the stairs to the 5th floor at MATC was no joke.
I guess I should probably start keeping track of my own weights. I've already forgotten what we put on my box squats.
I added your sets as well.
Post a Comment