Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It burns

Solid workouts Tuesday. Perhaps I owe it to a rest day on Monday?

Tuesday, 2/26/2008

2 x 30' @ Easy Pace Commuting (roads are starting to get a little better)
1 x 45' Core Work/Stretching at Yoga Class

Interval work on trainer

1 x 10' Warmup @ 100 building to 230 Watts
1 x 3' Cool Down @ 150 Watts
4 x 10' Work: 240 Watts building to 300+ Watts (Average Powers were 275, 269,265, and 255) with 3' Rest Interval
1 x 5' Cool Down

I got the new Heart Rate Monitor on Monday and am slowly getting it set up to my specs. The old one is not really responding, even with electrode conduction gel.

My tempo power range--at least yesterday anyway--appears to have increased a hair to maybe 235-260 Watts. At least, that's about where my HR was 156-163 or so. I didn't hit LTHR (174bpm) until ~285-295Watts, except for the last interval where it seemed to be that my LT power was a little lower. Who knows.

So it would seem that my tempo pace should now be centered around 245 Watts, as opposed to 225 Watts about a month ago. And my LT power is maybe up 10-15 Watts to 285-290. These might be gains in strength. It might also be that I tested tired last time. I should have a little better idea where the LT power is as the intervals shift to solely anaerobic workloads. I'm hoping to get it up to 325+ by mid summer.

Gains are gains, no matter how small.

I committed for the collegiate races at Depauw university this weekend. I'm excited but terrified.

2 comments:

J.B. said...

Good luck this weekend.

Jesse said...

Thanks JB. I'm way nervous about it, so at this point the plan is survival.

Well...the official plan anyway.

The unofficial plan involves an attack and breakaway half way through lap 2.

Woot!