Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Busy busy.

Monday 6/23/2008

Back at the Gym w/Doc

Warm Up

Mobility Drills
Hip Flexor Stretches
Bridge Pose
Goblet Squats
Squats with 5lb plate, arms extended in front @ chest height

Work

Front Squats 1 x 5 @ 45# then 5x5 @ 65#
Sumo Deads 4 x 5 @ 111, 1 x 3 @111

Man I feel weak lately. Course, this is low point of the year for gym work with probably 95% of my time spent on the bike. No surprise.

Tuesday 6/24/2008

Got about 1.5 hours of spinning on the Tarmac and raced for 50' in the practice crit. It was a fast one and my legs are toast this morning.

The older guys on my team are starting to take me under their wings. I got a lot of "you looked good out there," "riding strong, man," with the caveats "you should keep your head up more," "look 2 wheels ahead through corners," "pedal through the corners so you don't open gaps," "follow a more experienced wheel for the entire race so you learn how to corner more confidently."

Excellent. This is what I was hoping for: I'm being welcomed in by the established riders on my team, recognized as "strong but needs skill work," and getting feedback from all of the 40 year old Cat 2 and 3's with 20 years race experience on how to do better in races.

Hopefully I can put a lot of this advice into practice.

Also, I weighed in this morning at 178.

Food stats:

Average Calories
Total: 3375
Fat: 132
Carbs: 409
Protein: 143

Average Daily Calories Burned: 3572

Fat's still a little high, protein is still a little low, but the deficit was there this week at least and I'm down a couple of pounds since last month.

No comments: