Monday, June 9, 2008

Twisters

I did myself no favors with a red bull at 7 PM last night. Didn't manage to sleep much.

But, I also was energetic for the weekly dinner preparations with Doctor 1%. I put two loaves of whole grain bread and a vat of fruit salad on the table while the Doc threw down some pasta, broccoli, asparagus, and green beans. Pair it up with some sweet potato, chicken, and greens enchiladas and it makes for not too bad a week.

As for the sleep, you win some, you lose some.

My battle with Walnuts rages on.

Training Stuff

Friday delivered as advertised.

Box Squats felt good.

5 x 115 @ ~13" box

Front Squats felt good.

2 x 45#
3 x 65#

Overdid it on the deads. Haven't done any pulling at all in the past couple of weeks. I didn't hurt myself, but my form felt a little less than solid on the last couple. At least I wasn't strong enough to go any higher than "pretty light weights" by big boy standards.

2 x 5 @ 111
1 x 5 @ 131, 151
1 x 2 @ 177, 197, 217
2 x 1 @ 243

Saturday

135' in the saddle. 60' of that was easy into a smokin' tailwind. The remaining 75' was me running like hell into the corresponding headwind after a neighborly motorist pulled up alongside me 20 miles north of Madison to tell me "There's tornadoes on the way."

Two things I hate to see on the bike: Lightning and tornadoes. Got a good n' hard hour or so running from the ominous black wall cloud behind me. And I pulled into my driveway just as the sirens began to sound.

Sunday

195' in the saddle. More of the same. Thought the weather gods would leave me alone then saw the dark clouds closing in on me 2 hours into the ride. Booked it for the homestead through a couple of the heaviest showers I've ever had the pleasure of riding through.

Legs felt good. Pushed a lot in big gears both days.

I fear I overdid the force work a little though, esp with the deads on Friday. My claim to happiness was that I'd staved off (exercise induced) injury thus far in 2008. My left hamstring is tweaked enough to notice today.

Nothing the foam roller can't fix, I'm sure.

No comments: