I finally crawled out from under my rock and bought a foam roller.
I've discovered two parts of the body that suffer pain when exposed to some fraction of body weight on the foam roller.
The calves and the IT band.
Yowzah. I was sweating while rolling around on the sides of my legs.
I wonder if it would hurt so bad if there was a buxom swiss woman doing it?
Hard to say, really.
Regardless, I went to bed early last night and woke early this morning feeling fresh and pretty spry. I should really keep up with the soft tissue and mobility work every night.
Yup.
Training crit in an hour or so. I'm tired just thinking about it.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Foam roller, you learn to love to hate it.. or is it hate that you love it? Wait till you graduate to a lacross ball. I don't know what comes next. It's like an addiction. Rolling on harder more pointy things.
I heard that the east coast rappers are rolling on 14 carat diamonds for Myofascial release.
but I live on the west coast Yo.
You could be the guy that brings it out in your hood. Except give it your own touch of flair. Like use the 24 carat diamond you are bound to have lying around for "A more even force distribution and supple hand feel."
Or take those 16 leftover half carat ones from that time you got your teeth iced out, embed them in a matrix of "boob silicone" and go to town on some plantar fascitis.
Possibilities are endless.
Post a Comment