I've been slacking on the logging of pretty much everything. Still putting in the time. Just not writing it down.
I've been busy at the office.
And by "busy" I of course mean trying to conquer the "Green Acres" level on Defender.
My best is surviving to wave #45.
I think I could take it down if I could find some way to stop the big red demons. But I can't. So I continue to induce carpal tunnel syndrome. Bags under my eyes, I click "initiate wave" all the while neglecting my usual duties. I thought the secret to success lie in a few well placed Necromancers. I was wrong.
Training Stuffs
Last week finished with the usual LT work on Thursday (4 x 6' @ 290, 314, 300, 290). Road racing finishes up with July at which point I'm going to transition from the above (which have been pushing anaerobic for the interval duration in hopes of boosting output) to a slightly lower power for longer sets in hopes of favoring muscle endurance. We'll see what happens. I've been less than impressed with my progress on the 4 x 6's.
Friday was easy with a little commuting around town. I'd already hit a good volume and I had a race planned for Saturday, so I took the night off.
Saturday, I raced the criterium state championships. Tough race. Sketchy fast corner into a steep, short uphill took the wind out of my sails. I felt good for about 30 minutes and then spent the last 15 feeling not so good. I hung onto the front of the race for 12th. We started with 25-30. 20 finished with maybe 14 in the pack at the end of the race. Brutal.
Sunday I hit the Badger State Trail (aka the H8TR trail) with Andrea on the Mountain bike with a cross setup. Good, good times. Probably got a 3.5 hour ride, most of it off road. The only downside: I'm not allergic to many things out there. But one of them appears to grow in thickets on the "closed" section of the H8TR. I came out of the ride with huge red welts all over my arms and legs.
Perhaps I'll avoid the tall grass and canopies of the "closed" section of the trail in the future.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment