Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Busy

Just the meat. Things are hectic.

Monday

Easy Day

2 x 30' commuter rides

@ Gym

Flexibility/Mobility warmup
Goblet Squats
Squats with a 5lb plate held chest height arms length away. Depth continues to improve.

Pushups 4 x 15
Pullups 5 x 3-4 (ugh. I have so completely lost it with the pullups)

I showed the Doc how to do a jerk to hoist the bar for overhead squats and how to set up the rack for negatives. Oly bar still a little on the heavy side, though. Will need to focus on form w/lighter bar and boost the shoulder strength. Her OHS still looks very solid form wise.

Tuesday

Round two of the A practice crit. Another week, another 50 minutes of torture, but I managed to hang in.

I even brazenly tried to follow an attack made by Chris Halvorsen and some other strong guy with about 4 laps to go. I hung on at third wheel for about 45 seconds...and then they just rode away from me. Heh. Practice crits are perfect for doing things out of your comfort zone. Like, for example, trying to follow an attack from the strongest rider in the Masters 1/2 field.

Anyway, much tired today. I am a little frustrated by being able to hang in for the duration of a fast race with a strong field but not being able to win a Cat 4 race. They are, by comparison, much much easier. I think it's a question of the mentality necessary to win a race and move into (and keep yourself in) position at the right time in the race. Maybe some day.

Personally, I'd just like to upgrade to race with a stronger, more fluid field. I don't care about winning so much as I do fitness. But they like for you to prove yourself with some wins before they let you into the upper categories.

C'est la vie.

No comments: