Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back at it

Good deload last week. Took it pretty easy but couldn't resist taking part in one of the best Saturday sessions to date. Had a large group RSVP and most showed for the workout. Things ran smoothly for once and we hammered out a good workout of which I'll spare the details here.

Back at my normal 5/3/1 this week.

Monday

DL (Pulled conventional, barbell)

5 x 205
5 x 240
2 x 270

Had some technical issues with the lift. Couldn't get it right at all, and I had to pull the plug after a double at 270, which was disappointing. Reasons? A couple stand out. My hips, I think, were too low to start. Weight was too far forward. And I've lost about 10 pounds in the past 5 weeks. All could be players.

I did some light deads yesterday and found my groove again. Hips higher up. Will try to get it down in the warmups next week. Could be some carryover from the trap bar rotation last month...

Military

5 x 75
5 x 90
7 x 100

Again, further down than I wanted to be. Again, could be the weight loss.

Tuesday was a good session, mostly conditioning with a thorough warmup.

1) CES complex + mini core complex

2) Very light deadlifts

3) Complex 1:

Static Hold: 2 85# DB's with fat grips, done as long as possible (not all that long)
Farmer's walk: Same 2 DB's without grips. As long as possible.
Turkish get up w/ 25# kettlebell and then 16# for the last round
Double Overhead Rack kettlebell Carry w/ 2 20kg kettlebells

That double overhead carry was tough. I was putting one shaky foot forward at a time. I think I made it about 15 feet before I had to rack them again and finish up.

Did 3 rounds of the above. Torso a bit sore.

4.) Complex 2:

Jump Rope (60")
KB Swings (20kg, 20 reps)
Ab Wheel Rollout (10 reps)

Each exercise on a 1' timer. This was about the perfect level of intensity for a 15' complex.

That was all.

No comments: