Sunday, February 14, 2010

Yup

Just a quick log so I stay on top of it:

Bench:

4 @ 185

Front Squat

3 @ 180

Back to a normal diet this week. No doubt I'll put on some lbs. Will go until the pants get tight again. Gotta say I'm looking forward to maybe getting less crushed at the gym.

Saturday was great but I was out of gas. The crew has steadily been between 7 and 10 lately. Spirits are high despite the cold, cold concrete walls.

Warmup I

CES Complex

1.) Butt Kicks
2.) High Knees
3.) OH Reverse Lunges
4.) Walking Spidermans
5.) Scap/Wall slides
6.) Quadruped Extension/Rotation
7.) Kneeling Rocker hip stretch
8.) Ankle mobilization

Core complex

1.) Mountain Climbers
2.) Bird Dogs
3.) Mtn Climbers
4.) Dead Bugs
5.) Mtn Climbers
6.) Glute Bridges
7.) Mtn Climbers

Warmup II

Station to Station

1.) Romanian Deadlift
2.) Inverted Rows (Jungle Gym Straps)
3.) Good Mornings (Bear Hug Sandbag)
4.) Static Hold (Bear Hug, Heavy Sandbag)
5.) Front or Zercher Squat (Bear Hug or Zercher HoldSandbag)
6.) Step Up R. Leg
7.) Step Up L. Leg

Each person picked a station. We rotated between them. They were done on a 45" interval timer. Maybe 5 seconds or so to transition and get, 40 seconds of work.

Started out pretty easy, methinks, but after 3 rounds there were a lot of very, very tired forearms and rowing machinery.

Work

Same as usual. 3 stations. Each one was done for 6' (Again, felt a bit long, now I'm sure we want a 5' circuit next week), then we had a 3' rest before rotating to the next.

Station 1

Prowler Push
Burpee

Station 2

Farmer's Walk (sandbags, DB's, or Farmer's walk bars)
Push Up

Station 3

Sled Drag
Jump Rope

Everything was pretty smooth. I finished solo on the Prowler. Strangely enough for me today, "Burpees" looked a lot like "Breathing and putting my hands on my knees."

All told, took about 10 minutes of demonstration and walking through the plan for the day. Workout was probably 5 - 7 minutes of warmup, ~15 minutes of the circuit warmup, and about 18 minutes for the finishers. Once everything was set up, I think we clocked in at about an hour.

No comments: