Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday

One of the old timers at the gym came over to me one morning recently and said, "I read an article in a magazine that I thought you'd appreciate. It was about old school, forgotten lifts. There was one where you did this {he demonstrated a Zercher Squat at this point}. You ever hear of those?"

I got pretty fired up and told him about the Zercher squat and that I was about 10 minutes away from a bout of them.

I have had two proud moments at my gym.

The first was when the owner walked over to me and said "Hey Jesse, let me know if you want to check out the Prowler at any point. We keep it in the strongman warehouse. Just ask for the key."

The second was when someone I see once or twice a week at the gym read an article about forgotten lifts and thought "I know who would appreciate this!"

Gotta celebrate the little things these days.

Back to form on the pulls today. Got my hips up a bit higher to start. Felt fluid and didn't gouge bloody divots out of my shins. However, the strength isn't there right now. Nothing in concert, not ever.

Deads

3 x 225
3 x 255
2 x 285

Military

3 x 85
3 x 95
6 x 105

2 comments:

J.B. said...

was this what you were referring to on your facebook post, or were you talking about our friend from the bar?

Jesse said...

Heh. No, I was talking about the OG santa claus from State Street Brats.